passenger wobble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so i ran over a curb yesturday and now i feel a wobble from the passenger side. i know its not the wheel because i looked and i jacked that sdie off the ground and i have a lot of play now. it seems like my idler arm is messed up now? thats where i can see the play. im going to take it out tomorrow and see if it is the problem if so ill get a new bracket that it bolts too since my ilder arm is a few months old and a moog one. are there any idler arm braces out their for obs? i may look into making some sort of brace for it. it seems kinda lame it got messed up from going over a curb :/

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
as far as i know there isnt any bracing for the obs trucks really...if there is it costs way to much and i havent looked into it

welcome to the club of hitting stuff and breaking ifs stuff....ive gone through 3 idler arms, 2 brackets and 2 pitman arms....

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
not a club i wanted to join ... im hoping its the idler arm bracket so i can just get anew one and replace it in my driveway so i can get it aligned. still need to do that once i get the factory knock outs out of the inner control arm mounts. i still think its pretty sad that going over a curb would do so much damage now its annoying to drive and i feel the wobble around 25 and when turning.

and adam ive not replaced my pitman arm but it shows no wear and my box is crap anyways so is my column i think. was there ever a recal or problem with the columns? it has play in it

squeaky3

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i dont believe there was any recall or anything on the obs truck columns..i know the nbs had bad problems with them making noise and clunking

i would get the idler arm bracket replaced, recheck the pitman arm, get the gearbox rebuilt or put a reman in and see what that gets you...and make sure everything else is still good

on my truck i know that lil rubber part on the shaft just above the gear box is worn out, havent seen it for sale anywhere other than a dealer and they said it was almost 200 just for that part of the shaft

if you can, jack up the whole front of the truck with the wheels off the ground, get a vid of someone else shaking the wheel side to side and record the whole steering setup so we can see what all is loose

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Don't remember what rims you're running, but if they are the SS style wheels, it doesn't take much to bend 'em. They don't like potholes or curbs. Which is the problem with a stamped steel wheel. Any damage of that type is not readily apparent. Even if that's not the wheels you have, I'd get that wheel spun up on a balancer before you spend $$$ that you don't need to. If it's bent, it'll show up then.

*Edit* Just noticed '4X4' in your sig. 6 bolt wheels! Even still, I'd get the wheel checked for trueness.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
wheel is fine no out of roundness. i cant for the life of me find any other play but at idler arm so im going to auto zone to get the bracket for it tonight. going to put my moog idler arm on it and see if that fixes it. if not idk whats next to replace. dont realy want to dump money into the front end :/ need to do brakes soon here too they are about done

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
so its not the idler arm. got whole front end off ground and wiggled it and my buddy was like its the pitman arm. sure enough whn he moved it you can feel the play where the pitman arm is at the box. new pitman arms not that bad but im debating on getting a new box while its out. mines loose as crap and half my front end problems. are the duralast or w/e autozone has any good?