Passenger side door opens when the window is all the way up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Offroadaddict

Reaction score
When I roll my window up my door opens same when I roll it all the way down. Anyone ever have this problem?

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
something is pulling something it shouldn't the only thing you can do is remove the door panel and take a look.

92k1500chevy

Reaction score
Can you hear anything catch or bind when you roll it up? I would bet that when the window is going up, it's catchin the rod somewhere and popping the latch. Like others have said, pop the door panel off and and see what's going on in there. The rods that go to the lock and the door handle do have little slides that they latch into.

Offroadaddict

Reaction score
It's a 98, it makes a clunk then opens, I've took the door panel off and couldn't see anything. I just took a quick look. Another question my radio only works sometimes, the clock still turns on and it displays the stations but no sound. I've rewired the speakers and made sure the ground was good.

oohunter04oo

Like a Rock
Reaction score
It's a 98, it makes a clunk then opens, I've took the door panel off and couldn't see anything. I just took a quick look. Another question my radio only works sometimes, the clock still turns on and it displays the stations but no sound. I've rewired the speakers and made sure the ground was good.

That is definitely two different issues, there's nothing electric in the door that would make it open when the window goes down. Did you roll the window up and down when you had the door panel off?