Passenger Air bag switch

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

PanhandleZ71

Reaction score
So my passenger airbag switch crumbled apart when i disconnected it from the wiring harness during my head unit install. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What did you do to fix it. I have not been able to find one to replace it. Is there anybody on here that has one they could sell me? I have tried to find the part number with no luck. My truck is a 97 k1500 Reg cab short bed Z71. Sorry to make this my first post, but i have been a long time lurker of this site. I have gotten a ton of great info and inspiration from all of you and your sweet trucks! Thank you all!

PanhandleZ71

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Here is a pic of the missing switch. Also the air bag light is on so im guessing the passenger side is disabled.

94burbk1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
So my passenger airbag switch crumbled apart when i disconnected it from the wiring harness during my head unit install. Has anyone else encountered this problem? What did you do to fix it. I have not been able to find one to replace it. Is there anybody on here that has one they could sell me? I have tried to find the part number with no luck. My truck is a 97 k1500 Reg cab short bed Z71. Sorry to make this my first post, but i have been a long time lurker of this site. I have gotten a ton of great info and inspiration from all of you and your sweet trucks! Thank you all!
@Z71Hobbs is a stand up guy, I've bought off of him and have nothing but praise.

PanhandleZ71

Reaction score
If you have one hobbs i will definitely take it! Im not sure how i pm you though... im kinda a forum noob. Thanks for the fast reply guys!

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you have one hobbs i will definitely take it! Im not sure how i pm you though... im kinda a forum noob. Thanks for the fast reply guys!

Click on @Z71Hobbs user name, either here in this post where I tagged him or under his avatar on one of his posts on this page. When the little pop-up window comes up, click "Start a Conversation." That'll let you send a private message.

Another vote for buying from him, by the way. He's a great guy.