passanger cab pannel help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

koke

Reaction score
alrighty, i drive a 94 chevy 1500 ecsb and awhile back a buddy of mine backed into my pickup denting the cab pannel just below the top body line. has anyone tried replacing? i was looking, and it looks like if i remove the box and drill out tack welds, maybe i can replace using one from junkyard? buddy said he would buy and help put one in

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
How bad is it? got a pic, i'm assuming drivers side. i've seen some dents ln that area be pulled before, not to perfection but with little body work.

koke

Reaction score
nope, driver sides the good side ( ; ill take i picture tommrow, but i have tried to pull the dent, evan took off interior panel on the inside and tried beating out. also a rip aprox. six inchs long, so metal is pretty stretched, wish it was a year newer, than all i would of had to do is replace the thired door. really appreciate the post and help

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
ahh ok, i was thinking it had the third door, thats why i assumed drivers side. it does sound pretty bad with a rip and all, your probably gonna have to find a donor truck and cut out the metal and weld it in place.

koke

Reaction score
i was wondering the same thing on the third door :) but im sure it would be a tremoundous amount of work just to make the lives of the back seat riders easier haha, but i dont believe pulling a doner panel off and replacing mine would be to bad right? haha in other words has anyone heard of this done with out a perfesion of coliosion repair?

Attachments

• dent.jpg
    dent.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 5

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
^ it's time to :superhack: & :weld: my friend.
I'm not a body work kinda guy, but I'd take it on. It doesn't look THAT bad. But I could be wrong.

koke

Reaction score
haha yea i guess your right, cant be to bad lol well thanks for the help!

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
**** thats worse than i thought. i'd take the panel from a donor truck right from the top body line down. good chance you'll havee to remove the box to wrap it around nicely, which would work good cause the box would hide any imperfections, and i'd run it right into thedoor jamb. and down to the bottom. that way the only seam that you would actually see is the one on the top body line. would be a good ammount of work but you'd get good experience.