Parking lights and 2 dash lits all that are working HELP!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
*pics added* Parking lights and 2 dash lits all that are working HELP!!

So my tuck (89 chevy) sat for a couple of years while I was in poor health, i'v been putting it back together when i did the only lights on the truck that are working are the 2 parking lights up front with sidemarkers and 2 lights on the dash. Plus all the lights on the HVAC unit. i put LED lights in the gauges while the truck was down but i have quadruple checked those and they all seem right even had a guy who does LED conversions check it he traced it to maybe being in the headlight switch. I'v tried 3 different switches will the same result.
I'v also checked all the grounds I could find and they seem good. the one on the fuel door was loose but I fixed it and still no luck. I'v also checked all the fuses, everything is good.

So could it be the harness that goes to the headlight? the LED's and we just are missing something? or something else?

I suck at electrical please help!!!

Last edited:

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
u check all the sockets? They get mucked up with corrosion real easy. Do a 4-hi mod, clean out yer sockets, check the main harness plug at the firewall,(to the right of the steering column)and see what happens from there.

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
hummm I just replaced the steering column bet something got knocked loose
I'll let you know

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
No. Its gotta be a bad terminal,socket type a thing. U check those sockets? Check the terminals at the back of the fuse block and the distro. Check the ground at the front to the battery/frame and ground at the rear frame.

Last edited:

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
the gauge light sockets in the clusters are whats acting like they might be bad. I spent several hours checking sockets

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
Nope I havent gone all the way through the harness just connections. thanks for the help I'm not great with electrical

Revelation

Wyoming Dreamn'
Reaction score
I did some digging and found this wrapped up in electrical tape and tucked under the battery tray
You must be registered for see images

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

it's about 2 feet long and runs off the positive cable on the battery I dont see where it connects to but I'm sure it has something to do with my problem. I dont see on any digrams where it goes but it looks like a ground of some sort to me