Park lamp feed wire

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
All lights were working for about 3months then fuse 9 started blowing again. This is where I'm at; the issue (hope I'm right) is with the (brown) park lamp feed wire located between the headlight switch connecter and auxiliary power outlet breakout. My issue now is how do I get to it and find the short. Next try is look for grounds that need cleans and frayed wires. I'm trying I guess

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
All you can do is chase the short.

Disconnect the harness to the taillights that is near the middle of the bed and see if it kills the fuse.
If it doesn't the issue is behind that connector.

If it kills the fuse take the bulbs out of the front markers and turn signals. Still dead? inspect the wiring to the front lights. Mine was a disaster area.

Still no workie? Unplug the trailer connector if you have one.

Still bad? now you only have about 6-10 feet of wire to check.

Pro Tip;

Put a much lower amperage fuse that you have 937 of to check things. Also, when you find the short don't assume that is the only fault. Plug in one thing at a time with a low amp fuse in to make sure you find all the causes.

My wife's Astro did that to me last Fall. It ate the coil, module, and module connector at the same time.
I was kick kittens mad!

Reaction score
All you can do is chase the short.

Disconnect the harness to the taillights that is near the middle of the bed and see if it kills the fuse.
If it doesn't the issue is behind that connector.

If it kills the fuse take the bulbs out of the front markers and turn signals. Still dead? inspect the wiring to the front lights. Mine was a disaster area.

Still no workie? Unplug the trailer connector if you have one.

Still bad? now you only have about 6-10 feet of wire to check.

Pro Tip;

Put a much lower amperage fuse that you have 937 of to check things. Also, when you find the short don't assume that is the only fault. Plug in one thing at a time with a low amp fuse in to make sure you find all the causes.

My wife's Astro did that to me last Fall. It ate the coil, module, and module connector at the same time.
I was kick kittens mad!
I removed the marker bulbs. No help.

Did not remove the turn signal light bulbs they were struck in pretty good. My wife told to remove the trailer lights earlier. Fuse still blowing.

Today I'll try disconnecting the taillight harness, not just the taillights.

Honestly I was not looking at headlights much only because they're not on that fuse. Going to do more looking. At least this is good learning experience..Thx for the reply...