Panhard bar help!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Low-lah98

Reaction score
I’m in the process of bagging my rclb. Got the 4 link in and am running bag over axle inside the bridge. I know everyone says go with watts link but i have a panhard bar that came with my kit (no direction or pictures kind of kit). I’ve been googling and trying to look through threads here but no luck. I need to see how a couple of you are running your bar with a similar setup. Thanks in advance.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't put a panhard bar on one of our trucks, but I've always been a fan of panhard bars over watts links. I've driven both, and while the argument against a panhard is that it pushes the axle side-to-side slightly, you won't ever notice it unless you're a pro driver, and even then it's predictable.

The people selling watts link kits always fail to mention that a watts link doesn't make a straight up and down motion either. It makes a narrow figure 8. They're selling a heavier, more complicated suspension setup that doesn't provide much benefit.

If you go panhard, you want the panhard bar as long as you can make it to minimize the arc of travel. It needs to be parallel to the axle. Typically they're run behind the diff to avoid the pinion, but keep in mind that you'll have to drop one end of the panhard to do any serious work on the pumpkin.

If you know anybody with a S197 Mustang, they have a very nice three-link/panhard setup that you could reference.

Low-lah98

Reaction score
Thanks for the info! I looked it up and came up with something that worked. Made sure to get it as long as i could. Came up with this for the axle mount and the other side is mounted on the side of my notch. Will post more pics when everything is done.
You must be registered for see images attach

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would trim that to about half as tall and put a gusset horizontally on the outboard side of it. Remember, your panhard loads are going to be side-to-side. Looks nice!