paint my rims black?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

97miguy

Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach
these are my winter rims and wanted some input on if i should get them painted black there stock 07 tahoe rims

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I've seen them in black. IMO its hard to pull off but they look good on a dark colored vehicle. I've seen them on a dark blue OBS Tahoe and a black regular cab.

90chevstepside

iPhone Repair Tech!
Reaction score
I agree on some wheels, but I've seen it done and they look good. A friend of mines dad has a Colorado Xtreme and the wheels for it look GREAT in black.... Some wheels I agree on but there are some that I think look very good.

97miguy

Reaction score
ya im nervous about it so ill probably plastidip then first and if i do get them black do you think i should take off all the chrome and paint the bumpers?

banana cognac

Reaction score
No, they look good as is IMO. Maybe try out some plasti-dip on them before you decide.

I think they look fine as well, and was definitely going to recommend plati-dip as opposed to paint. I'm a big Mustang enthusiast, and guys in the Ford community are swearing by that stuff

jeck11

Reaction score
What's this dip stuff you guys are talking about? I just bought a set of nbs rims and I was gonna paint them black

Snotrocket

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I plasti dipped my wheels a couple weekends ago. I couldn't be more happy with it. 2 cans did 4 coats on all the wheels.

You must be registered for see images