PAINT GUNS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Tech Nova I understand and I'm just trying to figure this out. I have 3 HVLP guns and they are all cheap. 1 is the purple gun and the other 2 are CARTMAN H-827P. 1.4 TIPS. I also have a new siphon gun and a bunch of old ones. My HVLP guns have 2 holes on each side that are bigger vs the siphon feed guns with one hole that are smaller. And you are right why are the pros painting with them if they suck. I don't get it and thank you for your input. I appreciate it.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You need to look up John Deere Blitz Black. By far one of the best "hot rod matte black" coatings out there for value.

I've used it for years, and it's currently in the engine bay of my Z28 and my '49 GMC. Lays down nice, you can adjust the amount of product to give more of a satin or matte look.

I just talked to the John Deere shop here in town. It's 38.00 a gallon plus thinner 10:1 mix he wasn't sure about the hardener. Will this stuff hold up without a clear coat? I'm painting the whole truck. Like I said before the other stuff I'm looking at is 375.00 a gallon. Not feeling that. Thanks again.

Bondovw

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A really good cheap gun in a finex. They also make a great touch up gun. I use the small one for tinting headlights and tail lights. My best gun is a Iwata lph400 . I would avoid astro for spray guns. The harbor freight purple gun is a really good primer gun.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
I just talked to the John Deere shop here in town. It's 38.00 a gallon plus thinner 10:1 mix he wasn't sure about the hardener. Will this stuff hold up without a clear coat? I'm painting the whole truck. Like I said before the other stuff I'm looking at is 375.00 a gallon. Not feeling that. Thanks again.

It won't chalk like a cheap flat black rattle can job. As long as you care for it like normal paint, you shouldn't have any issues. JD makes sure their paint/oil/etc stands up to its customer's expectations. If you do a google search on Blitz Black, you'll see its got a big following and has been used by those "in the know" for a very long time!

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It won't chalk like a cheap flat black rattle can job. As long as you care for it like normal paint, you shouldn't have any issues. JD makes sure their paint/oil/etc stands up to its customer's expectations. If you do a google search on Blitz Black, you'll see its got a big following and has been used by those "in the know" for a very long time!

I did look it up and your right it does have quite a following. Going to get a quart some reducer and hardener and paint a panel this weekend. Some were saying the mix ratio is 8:1:1. One of the local guys at the John Deere shop said the Motor Cycle guys like it too. We will see thanks again. BTW it's made by VALSPAR.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
A really good cheap gun in a finex. They also make a great touch up gun. I use the small one for tinting headlights and tail lights. My best gun is a Iwata lph400 . I would avoid astro for spray guns. The harbor freight purple gun is a really good primer gun.

Thank you for the info I will check those out. Yeah I sprayed DYNACOAT epoxy primer with the purple gun and it sprayed great. That cartman H-827P sprayed great with Rustoleum it's 30.00 with a regulator. Not sure why these other guns are so expensive. I hear all these pro painters saying "in the right hands this gun will work" etc.. Or they say if your a "tradesman" then you can do it. I'm not any of that. I'm painting in my garage or outside. I'll wing it. The youtube cowboys are confusing.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake rogers