PAINT GUNS

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JACK34

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Much appreciated. I saw a review on the Astro euro105 HE I think it was. I will check out the Devillbiss HTE. I have a decent air compressor so all good there. Thank you.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy make any sense?

Yes, that's basically what I think too. For small trade-off of using slightly more product, the TransTech, RP, etc is worth it because you will get a better finish.

The technical explanation is that the TransTech atomizes the particles into smaller ones than HVLP.

You won't really know the difference in material usage if you are DIY and paint a vehicle here or there.

I believe you can buy some guns with both HVLP and RP air caps. Maybe get yourself one of those kits and try out each? Practice practice practice!

Good luck!

TechNova

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This guy make any sense?
No. Proof that you really don't need to know much to make a Youtube video.
I reached in the desk drawer as he was talking and pulled out an HVLP with visibly smaller holes in the airhorn than he is showing. He says HVLP will make the paint chunky, he needs to learn how to adjust the gun properly. If it was chunky, why would we use it in shops. Also, about 30% better efficiency is not a tiny amount.

OutlawDrifter

Long Roof K2500 Driver
Reaction score
You need to look up John Deere Blitz Black. By far one of the best "hot rod matte black" coatings out there for value.

I've used it for years, and it's currently in the engine bay of my Z28 and my '49 GMC. Lays down nice, you can adjust the amount of product to give more of a satin or matte look.