P1740 p1860

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

graywesley

Reaction score
97 5.7 4l60e

Trans went into limp mode. Was stuck in limp mode till I changed pwm solenoid fluid and filter. Also changed lock up solenoid. Had 5 codes including the 2 all went away but 860. If I clear it once I get moving everything works fine tcc engages... if I come to a stop it throws the code. As long as I don't stop long it stays clear help please. Have also changed ignition switch. It says open short to ground....

Last edited:

graywesley

Reaction score
Figured I'd update AutoZone had sold me a 3-2 downshift solenoid instead of the pulsing pwm one. Just happened upon a picture describing the different solenoids for the different years. 97 and up had a grey electrical connector. The one they sold will work as a pwm for the older ones but but it's a simple on or off.

stutaeng

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good to hear you figured it out. Those shift solenoids/pwm solenoids have unique connectors, don't they? Like, you can't plug in the 1-2 into the 3-4 solenoid, right? Same for the PWM?

graywesley

Reaction score
Good to hear you figured it out. Those shift solenoids/pwm solenoids have unique connectors, don't they? Like, you can't plug in the 1-2 into the 3-4 solenoid, right? Same for the PWM?
You can plug them in to each other they have different colored connections. 97+ is grey the other is tan/white