Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Erik the Awful

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I find it absurd how the Chevy with the 2" body lift is still ever so slightly shorter than the completely stock F350.
Idiocracy hit the nail on the head with the monster trucks that were basically three-story tall truck chassies with a tiny body plonked on top.

Matt Dylan

Reaction score
Update #2; either the relay or the resistor to the blower motor went out so i have to replace them and take the truck to the shop to recharge the AC

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Quick update, I ordered a new EGR valve to see if that will help with the P1441 code, even if it doesn't the truck is still probably due for it anyway. The truck now gets approximately 14.9 mpg daily driving and 15.7 mpg rural highway with the new tires.

I also ordered a set of mini bulbs for the instrument cluster since half of the speedo is out and the rest are pretty dim.

Still need a new fuel pump and filter. brakes are gonna need work soon and it's starting to take a couple seconds to start her up.

AC compressor and clutch still needs to be replaced

also i did a height comparison with my '99 ford and noticed that the heights are virtually identical side by side.
You must be registered for see images attach

(i took this picture a while ago before i redid the exhaust on the Chevy.)

I find it absurd how the Chevy with the 2" body lift is still ever so slightly shorter than the completely stock F350.

With the current MPG, Red now gets better range than the dually at 394.02 miles of estimated range compared to the dually's estimated range of 366.3 miles. Ironic that the truck with a 37 gas tank has worse range than the truck with a 25 gallon tank.
Yup my one ton C3500 CCLB is shorter than a current model half ton 4x4. Height wise anyway! And actually the modern crew shorties are only about a foot shorter in length than my REAL truck.... Amazing how they get bigger, but not really more useable.

Matt Dylan

Reaction score
Current Status of the truck: Replaced some of the burnt bulbs in the gauge cluster, now the parking brake light works; replaced the DRL fuse; 4x4 still doesn't work even though i replaced the shift motor and the front actuator; replaced the A/C relay and resistor so the blower motor actually works again, and i need to get the A/C purged and recharged after the low pressure Schrader valve is replaced. I need to see how to replace the fuel filter and injectors without damaging the lines since they are rusted. control arms are still rusted to the torsion bars and i need to figure out how to remove those. The cab and paint will have to wait until i finish the overdue maintenance.

I have been recommended the product "BG" by a coworker for flushing the oil from the system so I'm gonna give it a try.

I am going on a business trip soon so hopefully I'll be able to get most of this done before this.

Matt Dylan

Reaction score
Super short update:
Decided to go for full synthetic oil for both my trucks.
Ordered Husky floor liners for the front and back.
Ordered Timbren front and rear SES bump stops since the bump stops are dry rotted/missing anyway.

Matt Dylan

Reaction score
4/5 of the floor liner pieces are in, Timbren bump stops just showed up today, wondering whether or not a throttle body spacer is worth it, scheduled an appointment with my mechanic for my AC's leak.

fancyTBI

Some of my trucks run and drive
Supporting Member
Reaction score
4/5 of the floor liner pieces are in, Timbren bump stops just showed up today, wondering whether or not a throttle body spacer is worth it, scheduled an appointment with my mechanic for my AC's leak.
I like the TB spacers. I feel some improvement in the butt dyno.

Matt Dylan

Reaction score
ac works now, i got the rear timbrens in, and the front ones I'm going to have to tackle at a later date since my business trip is next week so I'll ge those replaced some time in October. I backed out the torsion keys till they bottomed out and did about 6 1/2 turns on the keys to bring the front end down a bit. That softened up the trucks ride qality up a good deal and the camber in the front tires is a lot less extreme so hopefully the tires won't get as chewed up as they did before.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Yes cranked bars will give you a rough ride. I had a ferd super crew King Ranch for a while, PO had cranked them and it rode worse than my one ton!
That ferd is why I have the one ton; I said my next pickup was gonna be GM.