Overhead Display from a Blazer

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TruckinAin4Sissies

L.E.D. Whisperer
Reaction score
The connections to a Gentex mirror (with comp and temp). The connector pin numbers are found on the wire incursion side of the mating connector. GM / wire harness color / function PIN 1 / PINK / POWER +12 volts PIN 2 / BK / CHASSIS, GND PIN 3 / LT GRN / BACKUP LIGHTS PIN 4 /GY / TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR PIN 5 / PINK / TO AUTO DIM OUTSIDE MIRROR PIN 6 / DR GRN/WT / TEMP PROBE PIN 7 / BK/WT / TEMP PROBE Note: Pin 3 is to be connected to the backup lights to turn off the auto dim feature in reverse.

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
thats for the mirror this is a display from a blazer that goes in the overhead console i found a wire list online i have a compass in my truck already in the mirror theres a pink wire do you think if i spliced into that for the vss that it would work?

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
yeah i litterally just figured that out almost all of the wires can be found in the wiring harness for the radio which makes this 100 times easier ill do a write up for it if it works:/ lol probably going to get the majority of the wiring done tomorrow my temperature probe hasnt come in the mail yet so ill do everything up to that it's weird driving around without my overhead console in and wires just dangling everywhere lol

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
i finally just figured out why my compass wasnt calibrating spliced the wrong wire it calibrated within the first half circle ive got a new prob coming in the mail hopefully that will fix the display reading that its -40 degrees when really its 37:/

Whitehoe

The Big Bad Tahoe
Reaction score
ground your temp probe to the frame not your radiator for some reason idk why but i switched the ground and the temp reads good now

wws944

Reaction score
I just installed one of these in my 97 tonight.

I believe that the only options that will work with OBD I is the temp and compass

Does the trip computer portion actually work? And if so, is the MPG function reasonably accurate?

I currently use a Scanguage II, but it would be nice to have an alternative display.