Overhead Console Install WO/DIC...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Z71er

Reaction score
Hello everyone. I picked up this \/ overhead console out of a blazer this past weekend.
You must be registered for see images attach

Well i have been in contact with a member on here and he told me that since my truck is a 94 it is OBDI so the thermometer will not work in my car but the heading will. Ok that sucks as i wanted both but my question is this, since i wont be installing that how would i connect all the lights in this console since it has three different sets of them? I also bought a homelink for this console. Any and all help will of course be appreciated!

bluex

Mall Crawlin' ****!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The temp sensor will work as long as you got the sender an that is all the dic has in it. Post a picture of the dic screen/buttons...

Last edited:

94Z71er

Reaction score
Here you go:

So how do i make it work?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Your info center is the us/met one not the "mode" one.

This is the DIC you want for an OBDI truck. It is essentially a standalone unit.

Go back to the yard and pull the temperature sensor off the front. It is on the brace behind the grill and in front of the radiator. Make sure you get the connector pigtail. Get the pigtail for your dic also if you don't already have it.

Then it's a simple hook up to get compass heading (it's internal to the unit) and temperature (uses the standalone sensor behind the grill).

Power, illumination, vss signal (can be sourced from the radio harness) temp sensor Standalone sensor), ground and there's one or two more I think. Can't remember exactly off the top of my head.

I have the same DIC in my truck right now.

Just so you're aware, the s-10 console isn't exactly a direct "bolt in" like the GMT400 ones. It's longer and the roof shape is different....

Last edited:

94Z71er

Reaction score
Great White i will go back to get the sensor, but i grabbed the whole harness from the blazer i took the console from:

So how would i go about hooking up this harness to my truck?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
There's lots of stuff on the net. It's a pretty common job.

Google should turn up lots of wiring harness diagrams...

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sensor will look something like this:

You must be registered for see images

Located somewhere around here:

wired up something like this:

Colors and whatnot can change a bit between years...

94Z71er

Reaction score
Great White, since you did this to your 94 you and I have the same set up. Can you look up when you did it and can your either direct me or write up the wire set up? I have my wire harness ready to be connected to everything. Just need to know where it's going. PM me if anything.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Great White, since you did this to your 94 you and I have the same set up. Can you look up when you did it and can your either direct me or write up the wire set up? I have my wire harness ready to be connected to everything. Just need to know where it's going. PM me if anything.

Mine's a 98 but it's pretty much the same deal since mine is a diesel (its obdII, but is more like the obdi trucks for data feeds).

I don't have a writeup on it. Just follow the wiring diagram i posted and it should work out for ya...might be a few wires here and there you'll have to figure out but it's not hard.

Google will turn ip lots of the same type of install.

Cheers.

Last edited: