Outlaw 10.5 class C1500 BBC build, need some input PLEASE

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Ok so me and my dad (Im 25 btw) are going to put the time and effort in to buid a 10.5 outlaw c1500. We've got a Dart Iron 4.600 bore tall deck block and Eagle 4.600 bore 502 CI assem with flat top pistons. Going to run twin T4's into a 2-into-1 cooler and meth injection. We've got a holley 4150 blow through but thinking we're going to step up to a dominator. My question is, we want to run a powerglide with a lock-up converter (Hughes XP5) and a built 9" with 4.56's. I have been going google crazy to find some info on this drive line set-up in the truck, specificly a powerglide with a ford 9" with the 6 foot bed. Cant find anything that will help. This is an ext cab wit the 6 foot bed. Came with a 4.3 and 5-speed. Im not sure how fast its actually going to be, and really Im not doing it for that reason. My father is getting older and has kidney failure and I would just like to get it done while he is still around so PLEASE leave any negativity at the door. Thanx alot for any help and input that you may have.

nate3531

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Sorry I can't help you with information, but good luck on your build.

In for updates

Fobroader

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I cant help ya either man, but sounds like a cool build and a great way to spend time with your dad. Count me in to see how this progresses!!

94_C/1500

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I've got a book written on just powerglides. Also learned how to rebuild one, so if you have any questions I can try to help.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
It'll definitely need a custom driveshaft built. I have yet to hear of someone going powerglide in a truck that size. All I can say is if the shaft ends up being too long, you might have to go two piece and putting a lot of power to that can get complicated and expensive. But don't be discouraged! I'm sure it's possible. You'll have to measure it out, but I'm sure your driveline angles should be great with the distance.

Good luck to you both!

Reaction score
We're going to be fabbing up a cross member for the glide. Its alot shorter than the NV3500 that came out. But the drive line is almost all together. We ended up grabbing a set of AFR Magnum 385cc heads. They are going to be worked a bit. We ordered the dominator carb so ill probably be selling the 4150. Now the only problem is going to be trying to find an intake to hold some serious boost. Drive shaft problem was solved. ended up grabbing a shaft from a 94 dually crew cab and had them cut it down and put new ends on it. Any ideas on a cam?? thinking lunati 326/340 114lsa roller. Too much?