optimal MPG mods

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biggershaft96

Cant Getrite
Reaction score
I got a few with fresh fluid and filter in the tranny, and a fuel filter. Idk how fresh yours are but if it's been a while it wouldn't hurt to try.

Sent from the toilet at work

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Mods I have personally done to my truck for better mpg....hmmm:

E fan
Jet chip stage 2 91 ocatane
cap 8.2mm wires and iridium spark plugs
Ultimate TBI mods (full) (dunno how much difference this made if any)
TB spacer
Set timing back to 0*
ProNet tailgate net
Remove any unneeded weight from bed and cab.
Timken hubs claim to increase mpg by decreasing rotating mass.
Big 3 mod (I hear this can improve mpg by decreasing load on the alternator)
High flow cat and single 3" cat back.
Synthetic 10w30 mobil1
4:56 gears
this is on my lifted 9" on 35 inch muds ecsb 5.7 4l60e

last fill up I used just a tad over 20 gallons of fuel and got just over 305 miles so I figure I got 15.25 mpg that's mixed rush hour highway traffic and city. I think that's really good for a lifted tbi

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score
If you are going long highway distances, i travel over 100 miles a day to school, limiting your speed also helps. This keeps the rpm's lower and uses less gas because you are only trying to maintain your speed instead of having to accelerate up to speed. Tires inflated to the proper pressure also will make a different. Tire pressures that are too low will force the engine to work harder.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you are going long highway distances, i travel over 100 miles a day to school, limiting your speed also helps. This keeps the rpm's lower and uses less gas because you are only trying to maintain your speed instead of having to accelerate up to speed. Tires inflated to the proper pressure also will make a different. Tire pressures that are too low will force the engine to work harder.
There is also the wind drag is greater at higher speeds. That being said, I have found the Honda Civic mod to be the best bang for the buck mpg mod.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
There is also the wind drag is greater at higher speeds. That being said, I have found the Honda Civic mod to be the best bang for the buck mpg mod.
I'm not emotionally secure enough to do that mod haha

MSCustoms

Its not just a Truck
Reaction score

Mine is the honda accord mod ha

Its nice to know my truck is still at home and can bring it if i need to ha

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I drive a ford transit connect for work. When I get out of it I feel like singing show tunes and talking about my feelings. I'm now emotionally secure enough to drive a Geo Metro with RuPaul giving me directions from the passenger seat.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I drive a ford transit connect for work. When I get out of it I feel like singing show tunes and talking about my feelings. I'm now emotionally secure enough to drive a Geo Metro with RuPaul giving me directions from the passenger seat.
I feel ya haha

Status
Not open for further replies.