Online Transmission Rebuilder Recommendations?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wh4t3v3rs

I got real bass!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I may suggest..... He's the goto guy in our area. He will usually beat the "off the shelf" price and build it with way more expertise and experience then ANY worker punching a clock!!!

You must be registered for see images attach

MMcc

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for all the input fellas. Honestly, I thought this thread was dead (need to learn more about Alerts on the forum).

I took yall's advice and purchased a reman from a local reputable shop for $1850 with a 100k mi 3yr warranty.
Currently gearing up, gathering tools, knowledge, notes. This is absolutely going to stretch my skills. Confident?...I got this. Nervous?...you betchya. We'll be getting messy next weekend - I'll let ya'll know how it goes!

Included in that purchase price is a new torque converter and a larger aux cooler (great! was planning on upgrading that either way). Also picked up a craigslist air compressor and some Kooler Kleen for the radiator oil cooler.

I've traced the lines and understand the tranny oil plumbing. But anyone know what this capped port on my radiator is for?

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...and those rubber caps are known to fail when you least expect it. Keep an eye on that.

I have no use for those worm-gear disaster hose clamps. They tend to damage the hose they're clamping. Find a shielded, "Fuel Injection", Oetiker (not likely) or other clamp that won't damage the hose/cap.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I've traced the lines and understand the tranny oil plumbing. But anyone know what this capped port on my radiator is for?

Like others said, it's not used in some applications. Lots of aftermarket radiators include them. Definitely replace that rubber cap with something more substantial if you don't want it to spring a leak after a few months. HPS makes a nice 5/8" silicone cap in black, red, and blue that will fit and won't fall apart like the standard rubber ones.

www.amazon.com/HPS-Temperature-Reinforced-Silicone-Coolant/dp/B083QJNNBY

If you search eBay for "5/8" silicone cap" you can find them cheap from China as well.