Old Newbie

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I've been registered and posting and creating threads and interacting for a little more than a month now and some of you have helped me out but I figured I'd introduce myself. My name is Scott Bostic, I'm 15 and I live in the Ellis County area in Texas. And most of you know my truck because you've seen it 20 times (all of the same 3 or 4 pics). Anyways it's a 1995 Chevy C1500 with a 5.7L V8 (not sure about the transmission yet). My parents own 2 fords ('03 F150 screw and a '00 Mustang V6 Auto) and one other Chevy (My mom's '04 Tahoe 5.3L) as you can see in my sig.
I don't really know what to do yet but I'm torn between restoring the truck and just enjoying it or lifting it and adding some big mud tires but I'm leaning more towards mild lift (2" and stock size mud tires). I keep going back and forth so I don't know. Budget is very small and it will be a slow build but I can't wait to see the finished product. Anyways, talk to you guys later.

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
I would like to say welcome but I feel like you have been welcomed already.

As for what to do with your truck I say go 3 inches in the front with a small block out back and make it look like this.... honestly one of the best stances for a 400

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I would like to say welcome but I feel like you have been welcomed already.

As for what to do with your truck I say go 3 inches in the front with a small block out back and make it look like this.... honestly one of the best stances for a 400

You must be registered for see images attach

I would but the only way I know of is a body lift and I don't like those. I did find some cheap coil springs and 3/4 leaf springs.
Thanks

shelbyt.67

Weirdo
Reaction score
Keep it simple dude. Some of the best looking trucks on here are the less modded ones. You got a super clean OBS there. If it were mine, I would keep it well maintained and stock. Hell just maintenance will stretch yer budget.;) Some good AT tires on a clean truck? TITZ!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Keep it simple dude. Some of the best looking trucks on here are the less modded ones. You got a super clean OBS there. If it were mine, I would keep it well maintained and stock. Hell just maintenance will stretch yer budget.;) Some good AT tires on a clean truck? TITZ!

I agree. I think coils in the front and an aal would be fine and it's in my budget.

Thanks!

TLoud

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
An AAL is going to make the ride stiffer so unless its already pretty soft i would suggest a 1.5" block over an AAL but thats just my opinion and I dont really know much about the 2 wheel drive 400s but nice looking truck man and welcome!

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Are you waiting til I get my spindles before you decide? Lol

Haha. No I decided that it would take up half my budget so I found some coil springs for $129.
An AAL is going to make the ride stiffer so unless its already pretty soft i would suggest a 1.5" block over an AAL but thats just my opinion and I dont really know much about the 2 wheel drive 400s but nice looking truck man and welcome!

It's pretty soft already and I need the extra support in the back b/c I will tow occasionaly and a block just won't cut it. Unless I'm wrong.