Oil on paint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
So today my hoe decided to empty the contents of its crankcase out of an cracked oil cooler line . Luckily for me I caught it and shut it off before any damage was done ( I think) . My problem now is it pissed oil all down the drivers side of the truck. I washed it at a local car wash but its still hazy . What can I use to get the oil off the paint without ruining the finish ?

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

MattyJ

Resident Nats fan
Reaction score
is i repainted? if i is you have to be more careful what you use. i used to you pinesol, dawn shouldnt hurt it. heck i have even used degreaser. but dont use degreaser if its repainted. if its stock paint, spray it on and then wash it off within a minute or two. i use purple power from autozone

hiredgun8

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Dawn will remove the oil and take the wax with it. Or you can do an IPA wipedown.
Dilute the alcohol with water 50/50. Wipe it down but this will also take the wax with it.

96twodoor

Dark side of the moon
Reaction score
Yes its been repainted, I'm gonna try dawn tomorrow. I'm ok with having to wax it again . I'll let ou guys know it comes out .

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2