oil cooler lines

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

az_eric

Reaction score
Hope to get a quick response to this. I'm replacing the oil cooler lines on my 92 c1500 5.7. When I pulled the old ones out I didn't pay attention to which line went where. Which port goes to which port radiator to the oil cooler adapter? Or does it matter? Also I'm replacing the gasket for the adapter to the block. I have to gaskets a round one and a square one, which is the right one to use? My old one was was so dry rotted I couldn't tell.

SkyHighColorado

^LIFTED^
Reaction score
Not around my truck to see, but it should be the round gasket. Unless you make your own oil lines they will leak in no time. You can go through my build thread to see mine. I think its on page 3.

az_eric

Reaction score
Yeah well I was trying to put the lines on the radiator and stripped the threads inside the upper inlet on the radiator. I'm just gonna plug the adapter for now. Glad you said the round gasket because thats what I thought and put into place. Thanks for the info, when I get ready to fix it properly I'm gonna look into the an fittings.