Oh no not another one...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Looking like SETX and Louisiana are going to be getting another hurricane. Ida, currently Tropical System Nine, appears to have our area in her sights. Steering currents look to be aiming her in our direction once she gets in the Gulf....
Everyone stay safe and dry, my heart goes out to y'all in the Lake Charles area who got it so bad last year.

618 Syndicate

You won't...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it comes up through the gulf we will get the last of it. As long as it is moving pretty fast we're usually okay, but if they slow down or stall over our area we can get incredible amounts of rain. Another downside is the energy they carry sometimes shows up as twisters. That always ends in tragedy for someone.

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
From what I see this morning. It looks like Ida will pass between Baton Rouge, and New Orleans, but it could jog over ether direction, east or west. Tomorrow will shed a better light on the path. I've been in my house for 24 years. Ridden out several hurricanes in that house. I'm about 35 miles north of the Gulf of Mexico. Flooding has never been an issue. I should be fine where I'm at. Like all of the other hurricanes, I will stay home and ride this one out too. I have a generator, plenty of water and supply's, so I will been fine, if we get a direct hit.

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
Now we get to deal with TS Nicholas. Supposed to start raining here in Houston soon, already raining in Galveston. Yes it may not come in as a cat.1 hurricane, but historically we've had more problems from tropical storms. They tend to hang around and pee on everything....