Off road lights behind the grille?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually haven't put it back on yet lol. It was late so I'm finishing up today. I still need to throw a layer of paint on the raw metal and clean up the wiring. I will post a finished pic in a few hours if I can get off the couch.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Cool! I like that idea. Do you have a link to the light bars you got?

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
I have a set of offroad lights behind my grille, they mount to the upper part of the core support and hang upside down. they fit with the automatic trans cooler cuz they came off my auto truck. they are wired to my 4hi kit so they are on with the low beams, and the high beams. Hi beams 6 bulbs burnin lights up the world. I also have rear "headlights". I'll post up some pics if i get out and about today.

3rd Coast Z

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my iOuternet using Tapatalk

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
Thanks for the link man and those look :boobs:

98_k1500

Reaction score

Sorry it took so long. These are a cheap set of street burners from walmart. I don't have a pic with the grille off, but they mount with the brackets that came with them in existing holes in the core support. They burn when the low beam headlights are on, and since i have the 4hi mod, they burn with the high beams too. When you are meeting my truck, it looks like a solid beam of light as wide as the hood lol.

1997k1500Calvin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score

Sorry it took so long. These are a cheap set of street burners from walmart. I don't have a pic with the grille off, but they mount with the brackets that came with them in existing holes in the core support. They burn when the low beam headlights are on, and since i have the 4hi mod, they burn with the high beams too. When you are meeting my truck, it looks like a solid beam of light as wide as the hood lol.

Night pic with lights on

Sent from my HUAWEI H881C using Tapatalk

98_k1500

Reaction score
I'll have to get someone else to take a pic for me, my pic quality sucks in the daylight, muchless at night. I'll see what i can do

98_k1500

Reaction score

Btw, these are my backup lights. They have 55w bulbs in them. Im thinking about also wiring them to the cargo light where i can turn them on anytime instead of just in reverse. I have a manual now and you have to turn it off to get out of the truck with them on.