Off road lighting help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mschaffer92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I figured I would post this here, because it is outside. So here is the plan that I would want to do. Install 5 off road lights 55w each until i can get money together to put hid's in them and 3 in the front by my push grill. The five I would like to install on a roof rack that I have by carr. There will be 3 forward and 2 reverse on top. And 3 in the push grill. So 3 switches total but I want to keep the wires to a minuim but not dim the lights. Now the question is how to wire them up? Also is there some way that I can centralize all the wires and how to hook them up, so that i dont have a thousand wires running to my battery. Because I read somewhere and it said that it was bad to wire them directly to the battery.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
You're def. going to need some relays and maybe a small fuseblock to run the lights too. Also make sure you have wire large enough to handle the amps you'll be pulling. If you ever plan on running all the lights at one time you will probably have to get a larger alternator (140a).

Can't help you much, but that's some idea's off the top of my head.

Keep us updated on how this goes, I'd like to do that to my truck as well.