OEM Steering Wheel Swap's 88-94

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Eurosport in my old 88:

You must be registered for see images attach

scorpio82

Reaction score
So what about the wheel in the 99-06 Silverados, anyone know if they will fit? I like all of the ones on here, but I absolutly love the Silverado wheel, just feels better in my grip

eric.s.t

Stroked
Reaction score
So what about the wheel in the 99-06 Silverados, anyone know if they will fit? I like all of the ones on here, but I absolutly love the Silverado wheel, just feels better in my grip

I agree, i love the wheel in my 04 silverado... even looks real nice. But id imagine, if your truck is 94-down, it wouldnt even look right even if it did bolt up. as for 95-up, i personally think it would look very nice. I dont see why it wouldnt bolt up..

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I think it was David (88gmctruck) who once said the gmt800 wheels won't bolt up to the gmt400 column. Don't quote me on that though.

I just bought this:

To try in my 98. Its from an 08-10 ish Cadillac STS.

If it doesn't just "bolt on" I'm planning to cut out the center and TIG weld one in from a gmt400 wheel. I've got a couple "junker" wheels in the garage.

The missing airbag isn't a problem as my 98 is a k2500 and didn't come with one anyways. I'm just going to make an insert out of suede or leather and add a gmc emblem of my choice.

I'll be working on making the buttons functional for radio a wheel heat. Don't know if I'll be able to get cruise to work. Time will tell....

I'm going with wood, chrome, black suede interior accents and a touch of embroidery to compliment the grey interior. I already have the Yukon door wood pieces on the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

mrnapolean1

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can a steering wheel from a GM car like the Bel air and such work too?

7echo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is the same one that we have in ours.

What vehicle did that one come from?

My wheel has the padding coming loose from the steel part inside, if that makes sense. I assume that can't be repaired?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It came from eBay. I want to say that I searched for Chevy sport steering wheel and I marked the condition as used in the search. It was right at $50 shipped.

magimerlin

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
7echo.. I wanna say that that's a wheel from a cavilier if I remember right...

sent from what use to be a great country...