OEM sliding rear window channel replacement

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
96 Silverado extended cab, OEM rear sliding window.

Looks like my channels (or whatever they're called? felt?) are completely trashed. Where can I pick up a new set for top and bottom? I tried lmc and rockauto but couldn't find anything.

I guess I should also ask - is this something I can even fix, or do you have to get a whole new window?

attachment.php

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a new/used glass, or do you think I can get the part to fix my current one?

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks. I couldn't find prices on their site, so looked those items up on amazon and they were there. Nothing that is an EXACT match, but lots of similar stuff. Might have to end up trying one of them if I can't find a match. Local body shop says 300 for new sliding rear window, with same dark tint I already have. Ugh. Might just silicon it shut until next year when I have more $$ to fix it.

grampadirt

On MEDICARE Officially Old
Reaction score
I might remove the window and try to fix the channel,maybe there's a way to dis-assemble it,straighten it,re-assemble and re-install it.The way I look at it is it was put together somehow,why shouldn't it come apart? Some are welded some are screwed together,won't know until it's removed.

But that's me,never afraid to tackle something like this,that's how I learn.

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's been pouring rain since yesterday here. Went out to the truck this morning and there's water all in the channel. Ugh. I really loathe dealing with water issues, be it on a house or a vehicle. I'm going to just silicone it soon as the weather breaks and be done with it. Next year I'll put a new one in.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I find rear sliders to be, for the most part, useless. Every one I've ever had either leaked when I got it or started eventually.

I prefer a solid rear glass. At least you can have a rear defroster grid on fixed glass.

I could say the same thing for the pop open windows in my Ext cab. Opening them does nearly nothing. I'd prefer to have solid glass. Or windows back there that roll down.....

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
I find rear sliders to be, for the most part, useless. Every one I've ever had either leaked when I got it or started eventually.

I prefer a solid rear glass. At least you can have a rear defroster grid on fixed glass.

I could say the same thing for the pop open windows in my Ext cab. Opening them does nearly nothing. I'd prefer to have solid glass. Or windows back there that roll down.....

Gw put roll down windows in the back!