Odometer stopped turning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BluC10

Reaction score
So I’ve been driving my new OBS (1996 GMC RCSB 4.3 5 speed) put about 300 miles on it and now the odometer stopped turning. I took the dash out and removed the trip meter and put it all back together. Odometer still doesn’t turn. Would anyone know what to check next? Might go to scrapyard soon and find a cluster with close mileage and try swapping it to see if that works. Thanks in advance guys this is really confusing me

laidbackbigun

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Good luck with finding a cluster. They are getting hard to come by. Not trying to be negative Nancy just letting ya know.

SKFengineer

Reaction score
I have the same issue. I've done an electrical test on the motor to make sure it's not shorted out and I know the gears turn freely with no missing teeth. The speedo works correctly so the signal to the cluster is good and all of the electrical leads show continuity when tested so I'm sort of stumped. I've been thinking of just doing an aftermarket gauge cluster but I'd sort of like to fix this one if possible.