odd distributor problem

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im assuming tbi from his user name and he also stated that before he took it out it did move.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
im assuming tbi from his user name and he also stated that before he took it out it did move.

i would try spraying some cleaner on it and see if you can get it too move, i wouldnt take it apart, you might break something then your really screwed.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok cleaned and tried to lube all moving parts and nada gonna put it in tomorrow and turn engine slowly and see if it moves I figured since it has sat three weeks it might just need a little push if not will just get msd next week.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah it should definitly turn easier than that, I would be very careful, you probably won't but it's possible you could damage the gear on the cam that the dist. mesh's with, something is going to give.

FastOrange

OBSless
Reaction score
Ok cleaned and tried to lube all moving parts and nada gonna put it in tomorrow and turn engine slowly and see if it moves I figured since it has sat three weeks it might just need a little push if not will just get msd next week.

i would just wait till next week, not worth breaking something else, also dont waste your money on the MSD dizzy, just get a jobber one.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok distributor turns. But next problem engine isn't cranking right it turns really slow or just a click when I turn ignition. Could it be starter?

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
maybe but it could be your battery is weak. Have you checked it or tried to charge it.

93blackthunder

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok distributor turns. Everything is back together all plugs accounted for and all new ignition from coil to wires. But......when I turn the ignition it sounds like its having trouble turning over like its to hard for it to. Then other times I turn the key and there is just one click. Some smoke from behind the motor and a little coming from valve covers.