Odd clutch issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Need some help on this one... Lately the clutch in my truck has been acting odd. Sometimes the pedal will be just like it should be. Normal pressure and everything. Then once in a while the pedal will get hard. Very hard. From what I can tell, the engagement point doesn't change. Just the pressure. When it gets hard like that, there's no slipping it. Its just like popping the clutch. Then it'll go back to normal pressure and everything is fine. Usually happens after driving the truck for a while. Happens more when I'm in stop and go traffic. But for the most part, happens at random times.

I tried bleeding the slave cylinder, I didn't drive it yet to see if that fixed it or not. The clutch hydraulics are about 6ish years old. It was one of those prefilled / prebled units. The clutch and flywheel are new. This is on my '95 K1500 NV3500.

Any other suggestions that I can look at? It's getting annoying. Thanks