OBS to nbs rear disk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Am I missing why you cannot swap a NBS rear from a salvage yard that has the discs already on there?

This was actually on my long list of things to do while the truck is under the knife. I assumed (in my case) a 3/4 ton Suburban one gen newer would work?

Nash

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am installing the 14 bolt SF in my 92 2wd drive and also doing the disc brake swap from the 01-07 trucks. I need the 60mm spacer and ordered the 20mm spacer for a 10 bolt rear 4 wh dr by mistake. If you need this for your swap let me know .

Last edited:

CaRaZy

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 14 bolt FF and was wondering about sliding a NBS 14 bolt FF under there from a salvage yard that still has all the brakes and hardware still attached. They aren't that pricey used so I figured more people would do it. What am I missing here? I guess the MC would have be upgraded to the NBS but not sure how that works with Hydraboost.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I am installing the 14 bolt SF in my 92 2wd drive and also doing the disc brake swap from the 01-07 trucks. I need the 60mm spacer and ordered the 20mm spacer for a 10 bolt rear 4 wh dr by mistake. If you need this for your swap let me know .

where did you order the 20mm spacer?

Smitty1021

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I did a 14 bolt sf swap into my 4x4 along with disc brakes before going with much larger tires. The stopping power was incredibly noticeable but then again I don't think my old drums were working to full potential. As far as the install I bought a kit from a guy over at fullsizechevy who was simply going to the junkyards, part outs etc and pulling parts off of 2003 silverados. The install was very straight forward and all that was needed was 60mm spacers like mentioned above for the 14 bolt and 20mm if your doing the 10 bolt. I bought my spacers from cutthroat4x4. The only thing I've yet to figure out is how to get my parking brake working.

98k2500454

Reaction score
well it depends on what truck you have for one but if you have a truck that has a full float 14-bolt rear end you can do this easily it has to be a full float 14-bolt rear end or it wont work but i've done it to my truck which is a 1998 chevy K2500 silverado the full float 14-bolt rear end has not changed over the years what i did was i bought the full rear end brake system and all out of a 2006 GMC 2500HD and took everything off both sides ( calipers, rotors, wheel hubs, brake lines, backing plate, caliper mounting bracket) everything should bolt up exactly as it came off you may need to modify your brake lines and you will need the new style parking brake cables but other than that it will bolt up no problem