OBS to nbs rear disk?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The Little Shop kit is awesome you can piece together a kit using all OE parts. 6 lug front rotors from a k1500 calipers off of a 85 olds toranado/caddi Ive seen the caliper brackets on speedway motors and the lines you would be able to find anywhere. And the reason why i know all this is because my truck when i bought it had a first gen SSBC kit on it and over the years Ive had to replace a few things LOL
Did you like the Ssbc kit that was on there. Has anyone who has done a rear disk conversion noticed a differance between drum and disk?
And I don't know about using car calipers or small truck calipers on a half ton

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
And I know this ain't related, I just didn't want to start another thread. Does anyone know how to bypass this abs box? The truck stops 100% better when the wires are unplugged so I'm sure it would be even better if the fluid didn't have to go through that box. Thanks.
You must be registered for see images attach

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
And I know this ain't related, I just didn't want to start another thread. Does anyone know how to bypass this abs box? The truck stops 100% better when the wires are unplugged so I'm sure it would be even better if the fluid didn't have to go through that box. Thanks.

Unplugging it puts it in to bypass so it's essentially not there anyways....it's not much more than a big piece of tubing at that point.

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unplugging it puts it in to bypass so it's essentially not there anyways....it's not much more than a big piece of tubing at that point.

So air can't be trapped in there like it can when it is plugged in? So all the air will flow into the lines so I can bleed them out.?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
So air can't be trapped in there like it can when it is plugged in? So all the air will flow into the lines so I can bleed them out.?

Most of what you are looking at is an electrical motor and a control board. The manifold is small and on the back. When it's disabled, the valves are closed and you have straight brakes....

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
I can't recall if this is the exact same Kelsey hayes abs module in the GMT400's, but you can see how it disables the ABS ports when the isolation valves are closed (ie: unplugged):

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Most of what you are looking at is an electrical motor and a control board. The manifold is small and on the back. When it's disabled, the valves are closed and you have straight brakes....

Ok so from what I've heard that module is real prone to trapping air that you need a scanner to bleed. So with it unplugged it releases the air so they can be bleed?

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Sorry, my mistake. The isolation valves are used to remove user input from the brakes when ABS is activated.

When unplugged it never activates at all and the accumulators are isolated by the check valves.

Any air will bleed out using the normal RR, LR, RF, LF bleeding procedure.

You need the scan tool to bleed the accumulator circuits, that's where air usually gets trapped. But As mentioned, they're out of the loop with it unplugged anyways.

Some of the older models actually have bleed screws on them and there's a special procedure for bleeding without the scan tool. If there's no screws, the scan tool is the only way.

My brain is getting slow in it's old age.....:rofl:

*edit*

Here's a decent read on the module: http://www.aa1car.com/library/abs_kelseyhayes.htm

atyates

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ok so as long as its unplugged I can bleed all the air that's not in the valves that are no longer used correct?

///RAGMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you like the Ssbc kit that was on there. Has anyone who has done a rear disk conversion noticed a differance between drum and disk?
And I don't know about using car calipers or small truck calipers on a half ton

When i bought the truck it already had the rear disk conversion.