o2 sensor delete kit

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95z71performer

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I just found out I can't plug in my o2 sensor because the plug in is not there at all :flame: to go to the wiring so I figure a delete kit would be nice and it would help to get rid of one of my exhaust related codes

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I just found out I can't plug in my o2 sensor because the plug in is not there at all :flame: to go to the wiring so I figure a delete kit would be nice and it would help to get rid of one of my exhaust related codes

Get a new pigtail with the plug....... you can get that kind of thing.

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
we've gone through this before.

There is no "delete kit" for an O2 sensor on a fuel injected engine.

It will run in constant open loop and will code for O2 sensor unresponsive.

You can turn the fault code off by recalibrating the ECM but it will still run in open loop continuously.

Or you can do this:

http://zero-signal.org/o2/O2bypass.html.htm

But it will still run in open loop and return poor running and crappy mpg.

At best, the "bypass" will fool the ECm into thinking it's in stoich, but it still won't be fueling properly since the data is wrong.

Someone has snipped the wire off further up the wiring harness.

You just have to chase it up to where they snipped it and add a connector. You'd still have to find it with the resistor simulator thing...

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Am i right in saying they make O2 simulators

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Am i right in saying they make O2 simulators

yup, made by the same people who will sell you the "75 HP chip" on ebay for 50 bucks that is nothing more than a 5 cent resistor in a plastic box that fools your ECT readings...

Last edited:

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
yup, made by the same people who will sell you the "75 HP chip" on ebay for 50 bucks that is nothing more than a 5 cent resistor in a plastic box that fools your ECT readings...

Ok haha i figured those were too simple to work

great white

Retirement countdown!
Reaction score
Ok haha i figured those were too simple to work

Yup, it makes your ECM think the engine is colder than it actually is and it enriches the fuel mixture like it would for cold starting.

More fuel = more HP right?

nah, just runs rich and nets you less MPG.

Does wonders for the sellers pocket book though.....:rofl:

It's a trick that comes from the early days of fuel injection before people learned how it works and how to recalibrate the ECM.

Those were dark, dark days.....

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If this truck is a 95 then it only has one sensor, and it is needed for proper AFR, otherwise like mentioned it will run in open loop and have terrible MPG's, 96 plus you can run simulators on the rear 02's but even those still need the front 02's for proper AFR.