NV3500 Drill Mod...Anyone Heard Of It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Crash

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
My understanding is that you can get the clutch disengaged faster so you can shift quicker.

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
ive been around alot of t56 fbodys and never heard of that at all tbh

My understanding is that GM did that as a crutch for their manual transmissions. It is the stick shift version of torque management. If you slow down the clutch just a little bit then it isn't so hard on the transmission.

ccreddell

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Skylark is right. What the restriction does is slow the fluid coming back to the MC. Which makes speed shifts almost impossible. Also, at higher RPMs, the pressure plate itself stays energized from the centrifigul force and only releases after the engine gets back down to a lower RPM. At least that's what mine did. The Hurst shifter was amazing-I loved it. But I still couldn't speed shifts like I would a Muncie with a Hurst shifter.

EDIT: as a side note, doing the drill mod will most likely speed the demise of your 5-speed. They weren't the strongest tranny in the first place.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
i mean i can see that working, i can also see where quicker shifting would work in a t56 or t5 or such in a car but not so much a truck, but like stated it will probably kill it a bit faster.