NV3500 Drill Mod...Anyone Heard Of It?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
I've been surfing Google and trying to roll through the search on here...Has anyone ever heard or performed this mod? Supposedly something is a restriction between the master and slave cylinder if I understand it correctly.

Thanks guys.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
When I replaced my clutch hydraulics, there wasn't anything like that on the one I put in. But I suppose if you wanted a real nice clutch feel, pick up a master and slave and put an SS braided line in between. Although I don't exactly think the stock clutch feel is that bad.

Sent from my iPhone in some random spot of Texas.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
When I replaced my clutch hydraulics, there wasn't anything like that on the one I put in. But I suppose if you wanted a real nice clutch feel, pick up a master and slave and put an SS braided line in between. Although I don't exactly think the stock clutch feel is that bad.

I agree that the stock clutch feel is good too. I know you can't make a truck transmission shift like a T56, but if I could slice off another split second here n' there on shifting, I thought it might be nice. Seems like the synchros hold it back the most, especially at high RPM.

5spd Z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to get one of those shifters, but I've gotten so used to how crappy the stock shifter is lol

Shifting in the higher rpm's, mine isn't bad. But it's far from smooth around 3k+

cviola2005

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I read a write up about the drill mod. If I remember correctly, it is drilling out the master cylinder end of the hydraulic line. Its a restriction about 1" long and if drilled out, makes the clutch depression softer, easier and smoother. It takes a little time b/c you will have to remove the line from slave, blow out the fluid, drill out the restriction, blow the bits out of the line from the slave side, and then reassemble and bleed the system. By word of three or four people, it works great.

CrustyJunker

Is STILL Here?
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in! I did install a Centerforce DF clutch in my truck since I inquired on this. Which has great pedal feel for it's holding force, but definitely still will consider this mod.