NV 3500 price?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

redchev95

Reaction score
update... got one from a place in that had a listing on ebay they can do a complete rebuild for $890 core charge is $150 but they pay to have it picked up so you only pay shipping one way... to you . i had my core picked up first so i had no core charge and shipping was only $150 or so. $1040 is not bad at all for a complete rebuild

crossy's son

Reaction score
You could probably pick up a whole NV4500 Donor truck for less or tad more than that.

I love the smooth shifting and gear spread of the NV3500 but IMO they're too much money for what you're getting and what else is out there.......I had a local trans shop tell me $700 Just to take it apart and diagnose because of the machinery and tools and time involved.

You will lose that sporty feeling with the 4500 and the short shifter, but You'll love the beastiness of it :D

crossy's son

Reaction score
I know this is days late but Yes. a good 4.3 TBI complete motor will still sell on craigslist for $300-$350 USD if you can proove it runs with a video or test stand.....Remember S10's used them in the 90's/80's

the 5spd is worth at least $250 If it's good and a good 10b rear is ALWAYS worth $200 no matter what gear/posi or not....they blow up and people wanna replace them cheap. I've seen people pay $600+ for a 10b from a salvage yard.