nothing nicer then a shaved box ;)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i have had thoughts going through my mind of doing this...what do you guy think? lifted truck shaved rear? also is there a way to get that roll pan on there with a bodylift? i have a welder and a friend working in a dealership bodyshop with MAD skill.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i can adjust them back a bit but then theres a gab and i dont want salt getting in there this winter so i've left it for now but i will be making them flush

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah yours is way nicer i think before paint i might switch to something like that since i need a new tailgate, this one has a flimsy massive dent and the insides pretty beat up, i'm not a fan of how not well those lights are put in mine, theres too much of a gap around the lights so im not sure what to do about it

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should be able to work with what you've got. Start by sanding the lenses down until they're flush with the rollpan. Cover both lights with body filler and then sand the filler down until the lenses show through. That will take care of any gaps around the lenses. Tape off the lenses, spray your color, pull the tape and then clear everything.

Canadian93ck

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i was gonna bring them back a bit, you actually sanded the thickness down on the face of the lenses? I'm new to the LED thing well and custom stuff to begin with but yeah i never thought of just body filling over them then smoothing it off, thanks for the tips!