Not Running

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bluemagic98

Reaction score
No but everytime ive opened them up it just snowballs from there. It was like one thing after another.

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ya just gotta be careful because everything is so brittle at this stage of the game. I would try to check for any external leaks before I tore it apart.

bluemagic98

Reaction score
Exactlly, it couldnt have happened at a worse time. The day before a snow storm.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
could easily be a ground. i had a problem to where it was when i had it in park, it ran fine. even when i stuck it on the floor till it hit rev limiter for 5 seconds. but as soon as i put it in drive or reverse it would die instantly. i replaced computer and everything but i looked further and a ground was completely loose.
i know intakes on the vortecs were "plastic" and would have a small crack that would create a vaccum and die like said above. if fuel pressure is good then that whole system is out of question.

What happened before it did that? where you doing maintanance or just driving?

bluemagic98

Reaction score
I was puttin my plow on . I went through every ground in that truck that all data could come up with and cleaned them up or even redid them.

USAF_Slacker

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hmm... im not sure on that. it could be a relay on the inside of your comp. which sometimes from what ive heard, it wont throw code because itll fry the part that would send the code to the gauges. but thats just an educated guess

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have no experiance with plows I do not know what you have to hook up to use them so I don't know what might have happened

jcro61

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Check all your fuses etc. Maybe you popped one during the hook up?

bluemagic98

Reaction score
No all my fuses and relays are fine. I hooked nothing electrical up durin the plow hook up. Its a fisher speedcast all hydraulics.