Noob - Pittsburgh PA area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mean Green

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
VERY clean SS man! Love the GMC grille shell and the insert! Your truck has GOT to be the cleanest SS i've ever seen!!

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There are custom made adapters on it. I did the 'vette wheels about 11-12 years ago and there wasn't much available back then. Now there is an out of the box solution, but there is still alot of work on the front lower control arms to allow the offset. The front wheels are tucked under a good bit so they don't rub the fenders. To do this, the ball joint area has been cut/welded and gusset'd to get the strength back in them. It would look silly if the front track was wider.

Not an impossible job by any means, but a lot of head scratching and time was spent on making it work.

Tough to see it in this photo, but maybe you get the idea...
You must be registered for see images
i like it. are you going to keep the wheels. the wheels almost look factory

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
For the forseeable future, it will have the 'vette wheels on it. I have had thoughts about changing to an aftermarket wheel, but not really into spending the $4-5K for what I want.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Here is a few pics of my 1996 K2500 ECSB 5.7L L31 Vortec/4L80E truck. I picked it up tonight.

You must be registered for see images attach

I'm no fan of caps, bug guards, or running boards. They were all gone about an hour later...

You must be registered for see images attach

I also fixed all the lights, tailgate handle, turn signals, electronic 4wd, and cleaned up some ugly wiring under the dash. I'm going to pull the wheels to check the brakes, and all the suspension. It needs a state inspection. I think it was left for dead (traded at a local lot in non-running condition). A friend bought it wholesale and called me because he know it was what I wanted. He said it needed a starter.

I have a center and a trim ring over at my father's place (and another set of steel wheels). I may sandblast and paint the other set as they are in better condition. I just want to make it safe and reliable and maybe do a few small upgrades to it. I wanted a 5.7 truck (to get some type of economy), but would like to set it up for towing. It'll need more low end torque, but otherwise it runs better than I thought it would. I thougth about a 6.5 deisel, but have concerns about reliabilty. A 7.4 Vortec may run better, but they are pigs on fuel, which I really did not need.