Noob - Pittsburgh PA area

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Found a link to the site on www.gmfullsize.com

I have owned my 1990 454SS for 20+ years. I also owned a K1500 ECLB 4x4 that I completely restored and then sold a few years later. Been needing another truck again so I just bought a 1996 K2500 ECSB. It needs a little work, so I figured I would check GMfullsize dot com. Unfortunately that site seems to be more 99-up style trucks.

I love 88-98 style trucks. My favorite truck on the road. I almost bought a V10 Dodge (to try something new), but this K2500 short bed popped up out of the blue. They are fairly uncommon around here. Most are ECLB.

I'll be doing a good bit of little things to my '96 and may have some questions in the near future. There are a few common GM truck issues (door hing pins, broken handle, broken tailgate handle, etc), and I will pull all the wheels and go thru the suspension as well as fuid changes to make sure I have a safe, reliable driver. I'm more a lurker than a post *****, but do post when I need to. I am pretty active on many other forums and know basic forum etiquette.

I don't have pics of the K2500 yet, but here is a photo of my SS. Feel free to visit my site for more pics www.akvalley.net/~ss

You must be registered for see images

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Found a link to the site on www.gmfullsize.com

I have owned my 1990 454SS for 20+ years. I also owned a K1500 ECLB 4x4 that I completely restored and then sold a few years later. Been needing another truck again so I just bought a 1996 K2500 ECSB. It needs a little work, so I figured I would check GMfullsize dot com. Unfortunately that site seems to be more 99-up style trucks.

I love 88-98 style trucks. My favorite truck on the road. I almost bought a V10 Dodge (to try something new), but this K2500 short bed popped up out of the blue. They are fairly uncommon around here. Most are ECLB.

I'll be doing a good bit of little things to my '96 and may have some questions in the near future. There are a few common GM truck issues (door hing pins, broken handle, broken tailgate handle, etc), and I will pull all the wheels and go thru the suspension as well as fuid changes to make sure I have a safe, reliable driver. I'm more a lurker than a post *****, but do post when I need to. I am pretty active on many other forums and know basic forum etiquette.

I don't have pics of the K2500 yet, but here is a photo of my SS. Feel free to visit my site for more pics www.akvalley.net/~ss

Welcome and nice truck!

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Your bumper cover is awesome. I've never seen one like that before.

However, I think I'd rather see some pics of that '66 goat. :drool:

Welcome!

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks guys. I will not be making Carlisle this year. Haven't been out the for the Truck Nats in many years.

There are tons of pics of the GTO on my site.

The bumper cover is from a company that is out of business. Their name was Streetwerks. The design of the bumper was patterned after the GMC LT1 concept of the early 90's. The truck I am talking about was black, but this photo below will give you an idea...

I have some photos of the LT1 concept, but not on my PC.

1low95GMC

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like your truck. it is exactly the look im going for. all black except the wheels. how did you get those wheels to fit? i thought the corvette used a small bolt patern?

Last edited:

SixSpeedSS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like your truck. it is exactly the look im going for. all black except the wheels. how did you get those wheels to fit? i thought the corvette used a small bolt patern?

There are custom made adapters on it. I did the 'vette wheels about 11-12 years ago and there wasn't much available back then. Now there is an out of the box solution, but there is still alot of work on the front lower control arms to allow the offset. The front wheels are tucked under a good bit so they don't rub the fenders. To do this, the ball joint area has been cut/welded and gusset'd to get the strength back in them. It would look silly if the front track was wider.

Not an impossible job by any means, but a lot of head scratching and time was spent on making it work.

Tough to see it in this photo, but maybe you get the idea...