Greetings from PA

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ericg75

Reaction score
Hello all. I've been lurking here a while and thought it was about time I officially joined. I've got a 1988 c1500 5.7L with a 5 speed. I drove the truck for a number of years in the late 90's until 2001 when it got parked because I moved out of state. Round abouts 2012 I built a garage at our house and brought it inside. I made the huge mistake of starting to tear things apart without the best cataloging or plan for what I wanted to build (so dumb, I know, many regrets). Last year I decided enough was enough, I need to finish it or get rid of it. The truck has some sentimental value so I landed on getting it done. So far I've replaced all the fuel lines, suspension, tank, fuel pump, brakes, brake lines, and torn the engine down to the block. My goal is 300-325 flywheel hp and to keep the TBI. I have a number of questions but I'll post those in the other forums. Anyway, wanted to make my first post and get started picking folks' brains.

Boots97

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I know it's late, but welcome to the forum. New guy here as well. My friend has sentimental value with his 98 K1500 because his uncle bought it new in 98 and has kept it in the family. I helped him do brakes, rust repair, and helped rebuild his 5.7L as well. Don't know a ton about these trucks, but I'll try to help if I can.