No Torque Converter Lockup in 4th?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Scrufdog

Pork chop sandwiches
Reaction score
The TCC switch is built into the regular brake switch. It has a twin circuit built in. 1 assembly, 2 switches inside.

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok, great that cleared it up. Already called and it's in stock. Thanks a lot! I'll follow up with results...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blackhawk17

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fixed! Thanks a lot for the help guys! A super easy switch- took about 5 minutes with a screwdriver. Just for anyone else with the same issue, there is no adjustment for this switch- simply plug it in. At least for a '92. I can't vouch for all other years.
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scotty.92

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Glad it fixed your problem! I had same sort of problem and replaced it and it works great now, still my mileage is terrible :flame: However, with these switches they are to be adjusted when installed. After that they can self adjust.

As you could see on the brake switch; the part that connects to the pedal has a little stub coming out from the side of the switch. Have your truck running (So you dont build pressure in brake master cylinder) and fully depress pedal, after that move that little peg towards the seat and then it self adjusts from there.

This was for my 92 as well. I am 95% sure that the not adjustable ones were 94+ OBS

silverado13

GEAR HEAD
Reaction score
Hi all,

'93 GMC 4L60E, with about 2,500 miles on the rebuild.

Recently I've noticed when cold, I'll start going down the road, and it will shift into OD fine, but the converter won't lockup. (running 2000 RPM's at 55, vs. 1700 or so). If I downshift it manually and then back into OD, it will lock up fine, and it works like it should from then on out.

If I let it be, it will stay in 4th (unlocked) regardless of the temp. It's only when I downshift into D and upshift it will shift and lock, and continue to do so.

What gives?

EDIT: I don't know if it does this every time, but I've just noticed it a few times.

check to see if when the rebuild was done if they even changed the electronics.....some people dont do that and when they are out of the transmission they can go bad, i learned after making that mistake a few times that replacing the solenoids is worth doing, it would not suprise me at all if the TCC solenoid is not acting right