No start cranks and spark no fuel

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
All i am looking is to test if i have good wires back to the fuel pump By pass the relay

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
"A" to "C" on WHAT? There's at least two blocks in that diagram with positions labeled "A" and "C".

If you're talking about the relay, I'd say that'd be best. The fuel module would be questionable.

Or just go to the ALDL connector and put power to "G". That wouldn't test the power supply to the relay, (fusible link, and wire leading to "A".)
Put the power from A to C not g right ?

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I should add i have the fuel pump out totaly.

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Okay update on this truck. I have a new relay. A new icm. I hookee up a scan tool code 54 and not getting any readings of rpm when i crank it.

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
on the firewall of the truck, there is the fuel pump relay.. if you unplug the relay and jumper the orange wire and gray wire on the plug connector, with key ON this will send constant power directly to the fuel pump, constantly .. this is how I pump old gas out of trucks I buy.. I use a 10 amp fused jumper wire.. if u do this test, you should get 12 volts dc to the fuel pump.. verify the wire colors on your truck before doing this test with a wiring diagram.. if you hear the pump running but not pumping fuel, a common issue is the rubber hose that goes from the pump to the nipple on the pump manifold assembly can rupture , then fuel just drizzles back into the tank,. the way these trucks are wired, if it is not calling for fuel, it will not call for spark.. so being its getting spark, it is likely calling for fuel and you have a bad fuel pump.. if u change it, make sure and change the rubber hose and clamps on the pump as well. too much work to redo a month from now, so buy an OEM pump and be done with it,,

texas tough

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
if u have the fuel pump out, just bench test it.. pay attention to the polarity, because DC motors can run backwards if the polarity is swapped. dont keep jumping around and go down a rabbit hole..

Xxl2

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone who helped. I finily found my issue My grounding strap on the driver side is broke. When i hooked my ground upo to the trans case the fuel pump came on. Ill be replacinging my ground strap tommarow i am looking for any other broken straps this is a 91 so its pretty old.