No crank,no start 95 5.7tbi

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
My truck was running perfect this morning,shut it off then tried to move it about an hour later and it clicked twice then nothing. The hazards are lit up along with all the other dash lights with the interior light switch off. Thought it might have been the solenoid so I just swapped the entire starter with a good one and it still does the same thing. I’ve never seen it do this before lol what could be the issue?

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Main positive from the battery to the starter could be corroded and bad or a bad ignition switch. I would turn the key to on and manually jump the starter. If it starts then the switch is the problem, if it won’t crank then the battery cable or one of the grounds is bad. Just replaced the starter on my 90 and the positive cable was in such bad shape it partially crumbled when I disconnected it so it got replaced.

Also just thought of one other thing, if the starter is engaging but not turning try to rotate the engine by hand with the ignition off to make sure it didn’t seize up for some reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
Main positive from the battery to the starter could be corroded and bad or a bad ignition switch. I would turn the key to on and manually jump the starter. If it starts then the switch is the problem, if it won’t crank then the battery cable or one of the grounds is bad. Just replaced the starter on my 90 and the positive cable was in such bad shape it partially crumbled when I disconnected it so it got replaced.

Also just thought of one other thing, if the starter is engaging but not turning try to rotate the engine by hand with the ignition off to make sure it didn’t seize up for some reason.

Just replaced all that when I put the engine in last month,still turns over by hand but only thing that happens when I turn the key is all the dash lights come on

__CHI__

Low Life
Reaction score
For testing only, bypass the clutch pedal switch with heavy paperclip.
I’ve been pressing the neutral safety switch with my hand to be sure that wasn’t the problem,temporarily bypassed it as well and still does the same thing

Dover

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just replaced all that when I put the engine in last month,still turns over by hand but only thing that happens when I turn the key is all the dash lights come on

Could still be the ignition switch, or if the key is not turning far enough the tumbler. Will it crank when jumping the starter with a screwdriver, or since it’s a manual have you tried bump starting it?