Newbie from Louisiana

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Spode

Reaction score
Well, I figured it was time to register since I finally bought my truck. 1997 Extended Cab 4x4. Been needing an extra truck for awhile now. Decided I wanted a 88-98 chevy. Looking for info online came across this forum. Needless to say I've spent hours reading already. The first few I looked at were pre 96 so that was what I read the most on. Got a little catching up to do on the vortec now. Anyways wanted something that was easy to work on and something my son (13) may be able to help with and have as a first ride.

Paid $1,400. 280,000K, body is rust free and straight except one door with major scratch. Has a small lift already. A/C was out, leaking power steering fluid, and break fluid from right rear wheel seal.

So the start list. Ordered A/C compressor kit, both power steering lines, and I'll have to take care of the brakes. Ordered a couple small interior items, lock actuator, new mirror switch, headliner and new carpet. Will also swap headlights and install tow hitch now.

Once I knock that stuff out, the priorities are a simple stereo set up. Better speaker in factory spots with amp and single 10" or 12". And get seats recovered. After that I will start the performance side.

Pouring Rain when I got home so pics will have to come tomorrow. I will try to make sure I take my time and share pics as progress starts too. Thanks for all the great write ups on here and great looking rides!

Spode

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes! Well, the rain is never going to stop, so I guess I will post a pic just the way it is. Got the new power steering lines replaced yesterday and installed trailer hitch and plug today. Friday will be a full walk through on the brakes. Been reading up on the NBS master cylinder. May go that route if there appears to be any issues there.

You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, from Lafayette.