New truck.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up this beast of a truck a few weeks ago, I needed something that could tow and still get some decent fuel economy. It's a 6.7 powerstroke and a power house of a truck. 475hp, 1050ftlbs, and still get 22mpg when empty. Average about 18mpg towing my car trailer around.
Some are afraid to spread out to the other manufacturers, I have no idea why you would limit yourself like that.

Currently don't have a GMT400, but I don't have a Camaro either, yet I'm on those forums too. Didn't realize once you sell your truck you couldn't hang around to share your experience and knowledge with the platform.

GrimsterGMC

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Picked up this beast of a truck a few weeks ago, I needed something that could tow and still get some decent fuel economy. It's a 6.7 powerstroke and a power house of a truck. 475hp, 1050ftlbs, and still get 22mpg when empty. Average about 18mpg towing my car trailer around.
Some are afraid to spread out to the other manufacturers, I have no idea why you would limit yourself like that.

Currently don't have a GMT400, but I don't have a Camaro either, yet I'm on those forums too. Didn't realize once you sell your truck you couldn't hang around to share your experience and knowledge with the platform.
That's a nice looking truck and you can't complain about the power and gas mileage either. It doesn't matter what you drive, as long as you enjoy driving it. Go forth and enjoy! :waytogo:

HotWheelsBurban

Gotta have 4 doors..... Rawhide, TOTY 2023!
Reaction score
On a GM forum there's gonna be some Ford haters. I think it's better to share your knowledge and experience with a platform, even if you don't currently have a representative of that platform. That's what I tell myself when I'm on the squarebody forum anyway.....I grew up with them, wrenched on em a bunch, just haven't had one in a few years.

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
Today I started to install a new dash cam. The fuse taps that were supplied were the wrong kind. Ford uses Micro2 and Mirco3 fuses now. And the hardwire kit came with mini fuse taps. Nobody around here has them for I had to order a set off Amazon, thankfully they'll be delivered tomorrow.
Tomorrow I'm hoping to finish the dash cam and in the meantime (while I wait for the taps) install the Diode Dynamics SS3 fog lights from my old 2020 Trail Boss. These things really helped with cutting throught the fog and snow, they also do a better job of lighting up the ditches.

kolgeirr

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice ride! As a member of the Ford and GM truck fanboy clubs and as another person who posted a Ford diesel in this subforum, I approve, as long as you're jealous of my 7.3.

Haven't tooled on a Ford this modern: does that have a body lift on it, or did they sit that far above the frame from the factory and have the running boards on those giant brackets?

95burban

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I’m a huge for fan, sweet rig! I have had a superduty of some sort since 2006, everything from a f250 to f550. Great trucks. Single cab long bed 4x4 look so rad!

Daly

The great white Canadian
Reaction score
I would second guess the 3.5. A buddy has one and while it had the same power as the 6.2 in my Trail Boss and got decent fuel economy empty, it suffered immensely when towing. Both our trucks could get 11-12l/100km any given day. But when we would tow up north with comparable trailers, he would be getting 19-20l/100km and I was around 15l/100km.