New torsion bars

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Well guys I know some of you have been looking for new torsion bars because yours are sagging or you're just trying to upgrade your suspension.

Some of you may have found some at http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/ and some may have gotten some used ones at the junk yard,
but I MAY have found a new source, and it may not last long.

These are brand new bars that used to be made by http://www.swayaway.com/ (I say used to be made because they're somewhat discontinued)

You must be registered for see images attach

You must be registered for see images attach

They are reportedly stronger than stock and will support heavier loads. From what I've heard, if you call up sway-a-way you can order them if they don't have any in stock and you may even get a discounted price since they aren't selling too many anymore. Pretty sure they come with the splined keys as well. The more options the better, so check them out if you're in the market!

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Even though their web site says disontinued, they may still have some?

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
Even though their web site says disontinued, they may still have some?

Its definitely possible, somebody just bought a pair a few days ago and he said that if they don't have any in stock you can have a set made and it'll take a couple weeks but they're brand new and stronger than the stock 1/2 ton bars. Still don't know price, but I'd say its worth a call haha

Swims350

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
from what I've seen on the price of those, you can buy new ones from lmc. I think somebody had posted a link in my thread on it and they were like $700 or so for them.

kamokevin

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Reaction score
from what I've seen on the price of those, you can buy new ones from lmc. I think somebody had posted a link in my thread on it and they were like $700 or so for them.

From what I can tell LMC wants $350 per side, and thats for stock bars. These are are an upgrade, not just a replacement. Also, since they aren't selling as much as they'd like, I've heard you can get a discount. Just giving people options! haha