new to me truck

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
the inside is a mess, the old owner never did a deep clean. around the center console and any edges there is alot of dirt and crap, good thing it has vinyl florring.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
take that flooring out and make sure the floor isnt starting to rot. The insulation under there holds water like a sponge

95_bowtie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
i spilt a large cup of red soda when i hit a bump, my driver floor and me were covered. good thing for vinyl.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the wifes 95 has that same floor. I pulled it out, ripped the water logged insulation out, sanded the floor, coated it in rocker guard, power washed the ever loving crap out of the vinyl floor mat then reinstalled. You cant tell looking or driving that anything has been done, but her floors wont rot out from having that moisture sitting right on top of the floor pan.

Sully

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The undercoating is a sound deadener. Its does some heat insulating but not a ton. You wont have any issues unless you are really working your tranny. Sarahs truck had the tunnel get warm at first, but I threw a tranny cooler on it and bam no problems since and she has been towing a much bigger trailer with more weight to it that that first one.