New rebuilt 4L60e

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hello to all I wanted to share this info I bought a Trans from O'Riellys auto-parts for my 1993 GMC truck it came with a 3 years unlimited miles for $1450.00 plus tax I forgot what the walk out price was but it's the best Warrenty I found and there all over the place I paid $403.00 for the install which included all the fluid most Trans shops wanted about the same or more and they would only offer 6 months at the most 1 year so I'm happy with the results and its performance I had it installed around 2 months ago and so far so good ok members I hope this might help someone.
Take care!

Let me add they took the Trans to the shop since they deal with them so that helped me out.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
"Performance" huh? Not to be a negative nancy but I'd be curious to know what they upgraded internally, if anything. That's a decent price, but I'm seriously skeptical of anything "performance" from an Oreillys trans. Do you have any idea what the internals are?

Ironhead

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Actually, the OP only said that he's happy with the performance. I would think that an O'Reilly's trans would be fairly basic, but that's not to say that it is not correctly re-built.

I think the intention of the post was just to pass on that the trans was reasonably priced and had a decent warranty.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You're absolutely right, it was early and I read that wrong. My apologies @GMCTRUCKS , I think the lack of punctuation threw me off! No offense intended either way, I was genuinely curious about the build quality.

juice7979

Reaction score
First post for me here, but I thought I would chime in as I just put one in last Friday from O'Riellys.

Their 4L60e is an ETE reman sold under the "PowerTorque" house brand. I confirmed this through a call to ETE while researching. The same ETE units are sold by Rockauto under the "Transmission Authority" brand, as well as by a few other stores under the ETE brand.

This (somewhat cheezy) video covers their updates: link

Using the Rockauto price as a baseline, I was able to get the local O'Riellys manager to match their shipped price, which came up to ~$1250 (tax included!!!) after the core was returned. The unit looked great for the price and had been through a full dyno test as a part of the reman process. I simply could not find a better deal for a fully tested unit with a 3 yr warranty. Going this route also gets you a remaned TC and front pump, not usually included in a shop rebuild (that I have seen).

Flushed the cooler with Kooler Kleen, added a Hayden 678 aux cooler in series and a magnefine inline filter to catch any debris that might be shed early on. All in with 8 qts of Castrol Dexron IV (on sale 2/$8 at advance this month) I ended up under $1400.

Hopefully it will hold up to the test of time.

GMCTRUCKS

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
First post for me here, but I thought I would chime in as I just put one in last Friday from O'Riellys.

Their 4L60e is an ETE reman sold under the "PowerTorque" house brand. I confirmed this through a call to ETE while researching. The same ETE units are sold by Rockauto under the "Transmission Authority" brand, as well as by a few other stores under the ETE brand.

This (somewhat cheezy) video covers their updates: link

Using the Rockauto price as a baseline, I was able to get the local O'Riellys manager to match their shipped price, which came up to ~$1250 (tax included!!!) after the core was returned. The unit looked great for the price and had been through a full dyno test as a part of the reman process. I simply could not find a better deal for a fully tested unit with a 3 yr warranty. Going this route also gets you a remaned TC and front pump, not usually included in a shop rebuild (that I have seen).

Flushed the cooler with Kooler Kleen, added a Hayden 678 aux cooler in series and a magnefine inline filter to catch any debris that might be shed early on. All in with 8 qts of Castrol Dexron IV (on sale 2/$8 at advance this month) I ended up under $1400.

Hopefully it will hold up to the test of time.

You did super thanks for the info it's should help many I went the route I did because I know O'Reilly's has stores all over the place or at least here in Texas plus if I had to return it this route will save me money I guess it's all up to the buyer but something to think about before dropping that type of money again thanks for the info you came up with I know more about my Trans.

SwatDawg15

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Having mine rebuilt now. $1600 for the rebuild, and replacing the rear main. Thats labor, parts, everything. Comes with a 12 month 12k warranty. Guy doing it is a life long friend. ASE master mech that worked GM dealers all his life. He and another guy left and started a shop.

I considered going the route you did, but buy the time I bought the tranny, paid for the install, fluid, ect I would have been around the same price. This way if anything happens, labor is included in the warranty.