new member from nor cal HAYWARD

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
whats up everybody? my name is johnny, I'm new to the site as of 11/3/16. I have heard good things about this site and I'm glad to join an hope I can offer my knowledge as well as learn from all of you! I recently inherited my grandfather 1991 C1500 single cab 2wd long bed pick up. when I first got it, it had 223,*** miles, a bad transmission and did not pass smog. 2 months ago I installed a brand new 350 crate engine as well as a new 700r4 transmission and it runs great! i don't want to get carried away here but just letting you know what I'm working with! thanks yall. heres a pic of my truck View media item 31077

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,,, Your grandfathers truck is a special truck for you. GMT 400s are grate trucks,,,enjoy it.

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Thats a special truck you have there.
yes it is. he was the original owner of the truck an always took great care of it. he passed away 2 years ago and ive had it since. he was my best friend. I would just like to keep it nice and running like he would have wanted, but I would also like to add some awesome upgrades.

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum,,, Your grandfathers truck is a special truck for you. GMT 400s are grate trucks,,,enjoy it.
agreed! he liked all his cars low... sort of like a lowrider style. he had it lowered back in 93. it has the drop shackles and hangers in the back. the plan is to go a little lower

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
yes it is. he was the original owner of the truck an always took great care of it. he passed away 2 years ago and ive had it since. he was my best friend.
I know about the loss of a loved one all to well. My son took his life last October. He was 34. His birthday was on Christmas day. He was in 2 death metal bands. I have his guitar that he bought when he was 17, and the practice amp I bought him when he was 14. I also have his tools, and tool box. These are things I will never sell. He was a machinist. I sense got a job welding in a different machine shop. I use his tools almost every day.

ViEJO_C1500

Reaction score
I know about the loss of a loved one all to well. My son took his life last October. He was 34. His birthday was on Christmas day. He was in 2 death metal bands. I have his guitar that he bought when he was 17, and the practice amp I bought him when he was 14. I also have his tools, and tool box. These are things I will never sell. He was a machinist. I sense got a job welding in a different machine shop. I use his tools almost every day.
I'm sorry for your loss. that is very sad. that is great that you use his tools daily to help keep the good memories around