NEW LOOK

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Im plasti-dippin my bumpers as well haha, I use my tires or step pads to get in the bed and tow hooks and radiator support to work on my truck and never step on my front bumper so it should be good

Sounds like a plan. Even the bed liner on my bumpers has chipped a little bit I just need to spend 5 seconds and touch it up but sounds like you'll be fine as well.

jcloud

BaLlIn On A BuDgEt
Reaction score
Oh ok Gotcha. I'm almost 6'2 but ya I will be needing my tires to help me work on stuff in the engine bay. But I can't wait to get towz, grille, and bumpers painted!

96k1500

Ballin on a budget
Reaction score
Sounds like a plan. Even the bed liner on my bumpers has chipped a little bit I just need to spend 5 seconds and touch it up but sounds like you'll be fine as well.

Yea when I had my grill and bumpers bed lined it chipped pretty bad

dirtyhick42

I am not a chick
Reaction score
Oh ok Gotcha. I'm almost 6'2 but ya I will be needing my tires to help me work on stuff in the engine bay. But I can't wait to get towz, grille, and bumpers painted!

6'3" here and I could normally work on my 98 on 35s no problem but when I go above 6 inches of lift it gets hard.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Will do dirty and J, I just gave ya a little list of what I think you should do in your thread but I left out the tows, which should be numero uno! The good thing is everything you need to do you can do easy, quick, and cheap yourself besides maybe the tows and getting the grille colormatched. Once you get it all done it's going to REALLY be looking mean.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
:D Glad to hear it from someone who's a master painter and I would expect to not get much respect for the ricey plasti dip, but it is an amazing product I must say. I haven't been able to think of a CON of using it.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Slap me around and set me straight! I'm a ***** I don't know any better I just get the urge for some lovin.

:lol: This needs to end up in someone's sig. :lol:

BTW, since your rockers are now flat black, you could get those fender flares with the flat black finish, and it would bring the two tone up a little more. I think it would really tie it together.

Southern Pride

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking the same my friend...May not even have to plasti dip the rockers.

Just completely debadged the passenger side. I left the driver's side so I can rock both looks and decide which I like better. I'm a little more worried about the drivers side since it's all the old original 95 paint. The passenger side you can clearly see is new-er paint on ex cab and bed. I got all the goo off but you can still see the Z71 outline...I'm thinking some compound and wax will HOPEfully get rid of it.

On with more of the NEW LOOK:
You must be registered for see images attach