New lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Replaced my headlights today, thought I'd share my experience. I was contemplating the 4 hi mod, HIDs, and LEDs. Still might go with the 4 hi mod, haven't fully decided yet, but I decided against HIDs because the change in color between high beams and low beams would bother me and I haven't seen a good set of LED lights. I'm sure there are good LEDs out there for this truck, but I haven't seen any. I stuck with halogens, but I opted for angel eyes because the contrasting color looks good to me when I look at my truck from the outside, and doesn't bother me as a driver since it isn't viewable from inside. I've got some photos I took with the bulbs that I had in the old housings, the bulbs that came with the new housings, and the Philips Xtra Visions that I picked up along with the new housings. As of now, I've only tested the low beams while driving as I live in a metropolitan area, if there's enough action on this thread, I'll make a video to show the light cast from high beams and low beams next weekend. The spread on the low beams is more concentrated, and I find it much brighter, though I'm not sure if polishing my stock lenses would have produced the same results. I've polished oxidized lenses in the past, and have never gotten the same result I've seen today by replacing with aftermarket housings. Plus, I like the updated look.

Part number: ANN-111102 Anzo angel eye headlights with parking and marker lights

This is a less than scientific comparison, due to the fact that it took me a few hours to complete the swap (my soldering skills got put to the test with this kit) and the sun went down before I was able to take photos with everything together. This is why a lot of the photos were taken while only changing one side, you should be able to compare the photos using the driver's side as a control. I forgot to take photos of the high beams in the full stock configuration (sorry). Stock bulbs are unknown, but appear to be on par with the bulbs that came with the kit, not that it helps, as I'm unaware of what bulbs came with the kit. The original owner of the truck didn't appear to spend a lot on maintenance, so keep that in mind. Side-by-side photos are with Anzo headlight housings with different bulbs vs. Stock housings with bulbs from previous owner. Your results may vary.

Enough talk, let's get to the comparison.

First three photos: before vs. After
Second three photos: low beams; original, kit, Philip's Xtreme Vision
Third two photos: high beams: kit, Philip's Xtreme Vision.

Note: another reason I did not opt for LEDs or HIDs is because I do plan on adding auxiliary lights in the future, which will be either HID or LED. This negates the advantage of having them for daily driving, at least for my use case, in my opinion.
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

98chevy2500SS

Specializes in Accessories 101
Reaction score
Looks good man! :waytogo: It's a night and day difference between the stock foggy headlights and the clear housings. Those Anzo's are good quality as well, glad you didn't go cheap, I've learned to just spend the extra money to get the higher quality ones, rather than spend twice as much getting the better ones the second time.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks good man! :waytogo: It's a night and day difference between the stock foggy headlights and the clear housings. Those Anzo's are good quality as well, glad you didn't go cheap, I've learned to just spend the extra money to get the higher quality ones, rather than spend twice as much getting the better ones the second time.
There's cheaper sets on the market, sure, but $200 for markers, parking and a full set if headlights from a reputable manufacturer was a no-brainer. I got the tall lights too...

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk